Thursday, March 8, 2007

My #1 Accessory: Deodorant !


This is cross posted on Files from the Pickle Stealers Purse, but this totally fits under BarStars Buy, because... I buy LOTS of deodorant and I want YOU to buy deodorant (for you and ME). Without further ado, my pick for the number 1 accessory a woman (and man) should have:

I go through phases of obsession which usually pass after a period of time, but there is one thing that I have remained uber-obsessed with: deodorant. It dates back to 7th grade and junior high basketball. We loved our deodorant. At that point, we were all about spray deodorant; it made it less awkward sharing before big games. I think we went so far to use men's deodorant. Really? Could 13 year old girls REALLY need the strength used for 300 lb. men? Either way, we were all about it. Although 7th grade is a long time ago, I have continued to be an enthusiastic user of deodorant, however, not of the spray variety...or gel (gross).

Recently, Caroline and I have reached a painful mile marker in our deodorant world: the discontinuation of our favorite deodorant, Soft and Dri Power Stripe/Derma Stripe Citrus Squeeze. Sadly, Gillette is completely phasing out Soft and Dri. What are we to do? Turn to the internet, of course. There is someone selling lots of Soft and Dri, but there is no guarantee of the Citrus Squeeze (yay!) to powder (ewwwwwwwww) ratio. I have learned to adapt and have found another deodorant to fill the void that Citrus Squeeze once occupied, but it's just not the same. I found another website that still sells Citrus Squeeze and was about to buy 10 sticks which came to $33, however, the shipping was close to $25. WTF. I just can't do it.

On walgreens.com, I found another flavor of Soft and Dri that I liked (but is now being phased out TOO), but I am weary to find out how much the shipping will be.

On that note, my birthday is coming up and if anyone loves me and wants to buy me deodorant, my soul and armpits would be really happy.

No comments: