Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Behold: The Musical Toothbrush

As promised, I am here to write about the most wonderful invention since the pickle: ToothTunes, the musical toothbrush. I was at Target cruising up and down the aisles for things I don't need and came across the musical toothbrush. Here's how it works:
  • You push the start button
  • The toothbrush plays music while you brush. The more consistent pressure and quality brushing, the louder the music is.
  • The music lasts for 2 minutes - the recommended time for brushing
  • You rock out to your 2 minutes of music and you then have sparkly white teeth.
  • Here's an awesome picture with the lovely and talented BarStars Buy model that I found on the interwebz to help explain the phenomenon that is the ToothTunes toothbrush:
  • And a helpful commercial touting the merits of the ToothTunes:


Anyway, now you know HOW it works, you can get insight into WHY I bought it. Well, obviously, it's the coolest. But I was on the phone with Caroline and employed her help to choose the proper song to accompany my brushing extravaganza. Now, I warn you that they are lacking a lot of 'good' choices, however, that was not a problem for me, because I like bad music. Given my choices I chose Aly and AJ "Walking on Sunshine", but upon consulting the website I later learned that there is "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai (the song Napoleon Dynamite danced too) AND I JUST LEARNED THAT "We're All In This Together" from High School Musical is now out and IF ANYONE FINDS THAT ONE PLEASE GET IT FOR ME, KTHX.

The ToothTunes toothbrushes are available at Target, CVS, Walgreens, and pretty much any other place you can buy lots of stuff that you don't need. Or here on-line. They're $9.99. And they make great presents. I gave one to a buddy and he loves it. Or at least he pretended he did and really that's all we really want anyway, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that it plays for the two minutes you're supposed to be brushing makes it both practical and fun. ;)

Caroline said...

Wait? We were talking on the phone? When exactly are we not talking on the phone??

Victoria said...

i need one of those...off to drugstore.com i go!

Alissa said...

Dude, Gizmondo reviewed it. Kind of.

As we discussed, this is far superior to my Sonicare toothbrush, which merely shuts off after 2 minutes. How boring!

Also this part is going to make me laugh all week long:

"Now, I warn you that they are lacking a lot of 'good' choices, however, that was not a problem for me, because I like bad music."

Funny because it's true! Not really. Well ... kinda :)