Thursday, February 22, 2007

A healthy glow...

Blush is kind of an important aspect of my makeup routine. As I have already explained... laziest. girl. ever. My morning routine consists of me putting some concealor (I found new, great stuff, by the way...), mascara and blush. Because I am a pale, pale bitch in the winter.

I love blush. It makes me look like I have a little color and contours my face and shows of my super high cheek bones. I look more rested and it really completes my "makeup routine." If you can call it that.

So, imagine my excitement when I found Smashbox making a new blush. It sounded so fun. Plus, Sephora is emailing me about it every ten minutes or so. They think it is awesome... I clearly will, too. So, I drop $26 on a super awesome gel blush called O-glow.

According to the website this is what it does... "When applied, the skin's moisture activates the energizing Goji Berry-C Complex™. It creates a micro circulatory effect, producing a rosy flush that lasts all day. Completely natural looking, waterproof, preservative and fragrance-free formula glides on smoothly for a healthy, glowing blush that's you, only prettier."

Well, that sounds awesome. I want to me be, only prettier. That is a serious goal of mine. And gel... I am good with gel. Especially gel that glides on smoothly. And I like to look healthy. I am so sold on this.

And then I buy it online. And it comes in the mail. I can not contain my excitement... I try it that evening. And it does exactly what it says it will do. It really is quite amazing. It is a clear gel that glides on smoothly and makes you look just like you do when you are blushing.

Here's the thing I forgot... I look like a clown when I blush. Super freaky kind of look. Bright red... except, instead of being all over like usual, it is confined to my cheeks where I put the stuff.

Oh, and its claim of staying all day... it does that, too. Right through the time when super cute Sean came over to my apartment. And I looked kind of like a circus freak. Or, like I was embarrassed. Which, actually, I was... so, I guess it all worked out.

Anyway, I will be taking O-Glow back. Because while it does exactly what it claims and does it extremely well... not such a great look for me.

Ladies, I know several of you also tried or are trying this stuff. Anyone else like the look it gave them? Anyone not end up like a clown?

1 comment:

Victoria said...

can i try it before you take it back? :)