Thursday, February 8, 2007

For the Eyeliner impaired...

I love eye makeup. Unfortunately, there are several things working against me in this love of eye makeup. First, I am the laziest person ever. Seriously. Most mornings, doing my makeup takes 3 minutes. I am all about mascara, bronzer and maybe pressed powder. And when I actually do my makeup to go out, I don't know how to put on eye makeup. This whole shading thing... not something I know how to do. Eyeliner... it escapes me how to use it in pencil form. I live for long lashes and can at least achieve that with little or no snafus. Luckily, I pull it together well and often get complimented on my makeup. In fact, a few weeks ago my friends fiance greeted me with... "You look so nice tonight, do you normally not wear makeup?" How does one answer that?

Anyway, my secret of getting away with being eyeliner retarded is MAC eye shadows and the best eyeliner brush I have ever used. And trust me, I have tried a lot. This technique was actually taught to me by the beauty editors back in my Seventeen days... so you can trust it came from people who actually do this for a living. Ok, so the brush is this Smashbox eyeliner brush. I have to tell you. I don't wet it. I don't use anything to make it stay on longer. It just does. I use a darker color, usually Carbon or Black Tied on my upper lids and the outer corners of my lower lids. If I am feeling particularly fun, I use Dazzlelight or Retrospeck on the inner corners of my eyes to make them pop. Like I said, I am retarded at shading with eyeshadow, so that is the extent. I finish with my favorite mascara, Sky High curves, which I will talk about some other time. Because it is equally awesome and deserves its own post.

No comments: