Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Movies in Your Mailbox !



and




For fear of being one of only two people blogging(a-hemmmm, attention Alissa, Jane, and Vicky) I tentatively submit one of my favorite things in the world: movies in your mailbox ! I have used Netflix before and currently subscribe to Blockbuster. I love the idea of managing a queue on-line and them shipping me movies. There are different levels of movie-getting from: two out at a time, three, up to eight or something insanely crazy. I am currently on the $14.99/month for 2 out at a time with Blockbuster. I would LOVE to get rid of it, but I just can't. I am a huge fan of TV shows on DVDs and this is perfect, however, I would almost recommend upgrading to 3+ discs/time. Also postage both ways is FREE ! Weeee !

I chose Blockbuster because unlike Netflix, you get a free in-store rental with your watched disc. Instead of you mailing in the disc, the Blockbuster scans it in (giving the website the go-ahead to send you you're next movie) and you get a free rental with your watched disc. Brilliant. Sometimes the wait for new releases from the distribution center is annoying, so instead, I take a watched movie and turn it in for a new release. Easy as pie.

My one complaint with Blockbuster is that their disc turn around time is a little shady. Netflix was so-very fast and I miss their reliability. I could practically set my calendar by Netflix. For me, there is not a Blockbuster distribution center in Austin; my discs come from San Antonio, which isn't that far, but it's farther. Sometimes the wait time is 2-3-4 days, as with Netflix they were here 2 days/3 days max (not counting weekends/holidays/natural disasters).

The Details:
Netflix and Blockbuster (with the prices below, you also get FREE in-store rentals with your mailers) and Netflix
Prices(for both):
$23.99 - 4/time
$17.99 - 3/time
$14.99 - 2/time
$9.99 - 1/time
*Blockbuster also has some limited plans: here

1 comment: